The election date has been announced by the Election Commission in Delhi today.
There are a total of 70 seats in Delhi’s assembly elections.
The Election Commission has informed that the election of Delhi will be completed in one phase.
- 1 Crore 46 lakh voters will cast their vote in Delhi.
- Votes will be cast in 2689 places in Delhi.
- Voting will be arranged at 13750 polling booths.
- The special facility was arranged for the elderly to give their vote through Postal Ballot.
- The nomination date for the Delhi elections has been fixed as January 21 and candidates can withdraw their names by January 24.
- The Election Commission has decided that elections will be held in Delhi on 8 February and the results will come on 11 February.
- Electoral code of conduct also came into force in Delhi today.
In these Delhi Assembly elections, the Congress is contesting between the BJP and the Aam Aadmi Party. In the 2015 elections, the Aam Aadmi Party set a record by winning 67 out of 70 seats. At the same time, the BJP could win only 3 seats, besides the Congress could not win a single seat.
This time also the contest is going on in Delhi elections. All parties are engaged in campaigning for their elections. Aam Aadmi Party will have to save its credibility once again in Delhi Assembly elections and winning Delhi will be a challenge for the BJP as well.
Web Title: Election in Delhi on 8 February, EC announces date.
Featured Image: Election Commission Officers (Pic: Thestatesman)